Smart Trainer – DC Athletics Tornado I Tom Boonen
A Smart Trainer that can handle the power of Tom Boonen, yep, there aren’t many like that. We all remember the various sprints and stages that Tom won, purely on strength and perseverance. That is also what the Tornado I stands for.
Tom Boonen is without a doubt one of the greatest cyclists of all time. When he asks DC Athletics to build a smarttrainer that is stable and quiet, you know that his demands are very high. The result is impressive. With its Italian design, the Tornado 1 is without a doubt the best smarttrainer around. The Italian design is not accidental
The DC Athletics Tornado 1 Smart Trainer can connect with Zwift, Rouvy and many other training apps to train in a very realistic way. The resistance is automatically adjusted according to your course. Measure yourself against other riders by riding races or train quietly with your friends, it’s all possible. The Tornado 1 is super realistic and gives you the feeling as if you are really training outside.
The bike is equipped with a unique wing design. This gives you the feeling of riding a real bike. No problem to simulate sprints up to 1.800 Watt, without being hindered by stiff materials that you find in many other devices.
With this maximum wattage of 1,800 Watts, an incline of up to 15%, magnetic braking and a flywheel of no less than 6 kg, this bike is the dream device for every sports enthusiast. Sturdy, this smarttrainer has a user weight of up to 120 kg, but at the same time easy to store thanks to the specially designed handle. Now including a Tornado 1 protective mat!
- Drive: Direct Drive
- Adjustable resistance: Yes, software controlled
- Accuration: +-2%
- Sound level: Quiet
- Compatible with apps: Yes
- 30 Days of free training on RouvyMax. Wattage: 1800 Watt
- Max. Percentage of Grade: 15%
- Interactive: Yes
- Shafts / quick release: Quick release / 130mm shaft / 135mm shaft
- QR 12 x 142 Measure Wattage: Yes
- Measure speed: Yes
- Measure cadence: Yes (via cadence sensor – included)
- Flywheel: 6kg
- Suitable for wheel size: 24 to 29 inchesUser weight: 120 kg
- Handlebar: yesBraking: permanent magnet
- Warranty: 2 years
- Power: 100-24
- 0 V, 1.5 A 50-60HZ
- Cassette (not included): 9/10/11SRAM/ShimanoHub Types: Standard 130/135mm QR 12 x 142 (optional 12×148 barrel shaft)
- Front wheel support: Yes
- Protection mat : Yes – Tornado 1 protection mat included
- CompatibilityZwift, Rouvy, FulGaz, ...
- Noise levelSilent
- Rate of increase15%
- Max. Wattage1800 Watt
- Wheel sizes24 to29 inch
- Flywheel 6 kg
- StabilityVery stable due to wing design